Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Hello, I Live Here.


Some people might wonder why I think it is important to collect the clothing, shoes, and accessories that I do. Why do you get so much joy out of shopping and getting dressed, Courtney? Why are you wearing pearl stud earrings to the gym? Why do you care so much? Well let me answer that with a quote from a style book that I keep on my coffee table (because what else would I keep on my coffee table?)--

“Frankly my dear, you should give a damn.” –Nina Garcia

Amen, sister. Frankly, I give a damn, and in my life, how I present myself is important. Plain and simple, we all have priorities, to each her own. So from one style lover to another, let’s give a damn together!


Ta-Da!


Let's start off with my closet. The closet is where I keep all of my favorite things and where I begin to Polish my looks. So, this is obviously my favorite room space in my house apartment. The sad truth is, I have never had a spacious closet in my LIFE. My closest in my childhood home was small but, I am a problem solver by nature, so naturally, I just took over other spaces in the house (I hope you like having your man cave back, Dad!).  Then, I went to college and had a walk-in closet…HAHA. Sorry, but you ladies know that college space is laughable. Nonetheless, I made do with creative space saving strategies (pre-Pinterest, might I add). So you can understand why my current closet situation makes me feel like a queen. I actually have TWO WHOLE CLOSETS in my bedroom. Heaven.


I try to keep my accessories in one place to make Polishing my outfit a bit simpler.



Pre-Pinterest space trick...desktop file holder for clutches!


Hanging necklaces makes my feel like I am shopping in my own closet!

Jewelry organization is an art, which I have yet to master!

Craft store candle holders are perfect for bracelet stacking.


This turtle dish from Francesca's is perfect little catch all.

I have posted a few pictures of my closet to not only introduce you to my style, but to allow myself to get reacquainted to my wardrobe. I, like any woman, live on a constant merry-go-round when it comes to clothing and style choices. My closet certainly reflects this. I have a little New Yorker, a little southern belle, a little glitz and glam, topped off with some classic pieces, but all of the pieces are oh, so Courtney. So, I won’t revisit the whole, "you need these staples to build a wardrobe (although, a few items are a must, cue trouser and trench coat)." Instead, I pulled out a few pieces that I am currently loving and getting PLENTY of use out of. My goal is to always be Polished, and the key in my life is to make a piece, even a trendy one, wearable in many contexts, with many outfits. Style is all in the details, you know?


I keep try to keep my clothes organized.

I am not afraid to admit that I LOVE FLATS...there...I said it.


These are well loved shoes.
My vanity holds my makeup, hair accessories, and hair tools.

So enjoy, and trust me, you will see these pieces in my posts, and if you follow me on Instagram (Courtney_m_b), you will definitely see many of them. 

--Courtney 

#currently loving...


Statement arm jewelry. Hello, gorgeous. 
Watch: The Limited 
Bracelet:New York & Co (seriously NY&Co is a secret jewelry treasure box) 



I am in a full blown love affair with scarfs...more to come about that later.
Camel scarf: H&M
Leopard scarf: Burlington 
Red scarf: my good friends on Canal Street in NYC



My favorite hair pieces.
Pearl clip: Target 
Gold ponytail cuff: Forever 21
Tortoise clip: J Crew  (25% off 2, free shipping!)
Winter accessories are so fun right now.
Coat: Old Navy
Gloves: Santa Claus (I think he shops at Macy's, though)
Hat: Target

No comments: