Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Seeing Red








This season my favorite, go-to, have to have it, put it in my shopping cart, find your place in my closet, color is RED. I have never been one to gravitate toward red clothing. Probably because I change my hair color so much and red is a really hard color to wear when you have burgundy hair (that's a topic fit for a beauty post). Anyhow, this year, I have been loving everything red and you know what, I think red loves me back!







I saw this skirt at Express (for 60% off a clearance price, obviously, it was fate) and thought it would be perfect for so many reasons. First, I love the a-line cut. I am so accustomed to wearing a pencil skirts that this shape was a refreshing take on a skirt for me. Secondly, it has a buckle detail, which I can never pass up! A buckle detail adds a certain edge to any piece of clothing. Thirdly, I could picture so many ways to wear it while standing in the store. If I can create more than two outfits with a piece of clothing in a store than I am SOLD!











This look is great for a holiday or after holiday get together. The hat adds some Polish to the look, not to mention is perfect when it starts to snow! I also have paired this skirt with a button-up top and a flat boot or a stiletto and polka-dot tight. Any way you style it, you really can't go wrong with a festive red skirt! I always feel Polished when I put a skirt on, but this one makes me oh-so-happy!




Outfit details: Skirt-Express (Similar here without buckles, but adding a belt can accomplish the same look!) // Sweater-Express // Boots-Nine West (Similar here) // Necklace-Target (I found mine in store for $6!) // Hat- Target // Watch-Michael Kors // Bracelet-TJ-Maxx (Similar here) //  Lipstick -Rimmel Bordeaux






Enjoy!

--Courtney

P.S. Dont forget to check out our Instagrams for more Polished looks! Courtney_m_b & Kelseymkipp


No comments: