Friday, December 27, 2013

'Tis the Season to SPARKLE















The holidays are a great time to mix sparkle! 




Outfit details: Chambray blouse-American Eagle (now for $20!) // Sequin sweatshirt-Loft (Similar here on clearance!) // Red jean- H&M (Similar here on sale!) // Necklace-Target // Watch-Michael Kors // Bracelet-TJ-Maxx (Similar here) // Sunglasses-Ray Ban // Lipstick -Rimmel Bordeaux // Boots-Coach // Earrings-Forever 21 (I bought these years ago but I LOVE these from Bauble Bar!



Flashback to Courtney, age 3, stepping foot into my first dance class.  In the middle of learning the truly complicated moves to my "Spunky the Monkey" dance, I caught a glimpse of my red and gold sequin costume (not to mention the feather tail, but that's another post). This is the moment that I fell in eternal love with SEQUINS. Imagine my joy to see sequins all over everything this year! 

I have dove head first into this sequin trend and I am not ashamed that many most of my items of clothing have at least a sequin or two. For me, this is a really great trend because if worn correctly, it looks oh, so Polished

A sweatshirt is a really hard piece of clothing to Polish (because really, a sweatshirt has it's place and it is a really specific one, aka, the gym or bed). I don't know about you, but there are days that I feel like spending my entire day in a sweatshirt. But, in true Polished style, I am not one to follow through with this feeling. Until one magical day, I found this sweatshirt at the Loft (on clearance of course, I always make a beeline straight to this section). Not only is it a great color, but hello, it is FULL OF SEQUINS (3 year old Courtney is dancing inside).  What I really love is that a touch of sequins can make a regular outfit a special outfit. I always feel a little more spunky with some sequins on. Must be my roots as a sequin, tu-tu wearing "Spunky the Monkey" dancer...



Sparkle away!

--Courtney

P.S. Dont forget to check out our Instagrams for more Polished looks! Courtney_m_b & Kelseymkipp



No comments: