Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Oh yes, it's a Poncho

Here's the thing, I live in BUFFALO, NY. Meaning, it snows (sometimes} for 12 6 months 
out of the year. So, out of necessity, I have learned to love all things warm-ponchos, vests, and, especially, boots
It's a must--do you see this snow!?













Poncho from Express (not available online) but love this and this // Belt from Francesca's Collections  // Pants Banana Republic // Boots Maurice's -old but love these wedges // Bag Forever 21-old but on the look out for this and this one and just found this// Earrings Target (my go to stop for everything!)// Bracelet here // Lips  Revlon-Fuchsia Fusion// Nails Essie-Berry Naughty //

How can you a poncho be Polished, you ask? Add a belt! Since my outfit was mostly black (because my ankle leopard boots have not arrived via mail yet) I wanted to break up the black with some bling. I added a belt around the "front" part of the poncho, making it more like a cape.

Now, can we talk about my newest favorite Polished piece? It's my lipstick. I, like many woman, have features I just prefer to hide not to highlight. My lips don't need any help drawing attention. But, I have just recently been experimenting with lip color and 
truly love how Polished my overall look becomes. Now, I never leave the house 
without at least a bit of gloss. 

Have you ever dreamed of wearing red lipstick? That was me too! Whenever I am on the fence about trying a new trend-try it out at home. Literally, wear the new lipstick around the house for a day. You grow comfortable knowing you are wearing it and when you steal a glimpse in the mirror--you feel truly Polished. Then, take some baby steps--where it somewhere you don't know anyone {grocery store, gas station, gym-yes, the gym}. This helps build confidence to show off your colorful lips to all of your friends! ...at least that is how I started.


Thank you so much for reading!

--Kelsey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always feel like bright colored lipsticks make my teeth look yellow...without it, I feel like they're rather white! This is also deters me from wearing bright colored lips! Any tips?!

Polished said...

This is a concern that really hits home for me... I'm not sure if you can see, but I actually have braces (ugh-it's true)! Although they are "clear" they have a yellow hue to them. At first, I felt that wearing lipstick was just too much attention to my mouth, but I can't let the color go!

When choosing the perfect lip shade don't ignore your colors. I have fair skin, light eyes, and freckles. So when choosing a red-ish lipstick I pick an organey hue. For you, try choosing a blue based lipstick. The best way to tell is to go to the store and look at several "red" lipsticks next to each other. Some have a bright glow (I would choose those orangey ones for myself), while others hold a deep blue {almost purple} color. Don't be afraid to test a few different options out!

Thank you so much for reading, and more importantly commenting :) I was so thrilled to receive my first comment!!

Polished said...

I found a great article to reference! Check this out for a list of lipstick shades for your "color". Good luck!

http://www.thedivineaddiction.com/brazenly-bold-lips/