Monday, December 16, 2013

My Woman Cave

OK... it is more like a dressing room

I transformed a bedroom in my house to a walk in closet and vanity. Truthfully, it all began because I ran out of closet space kept waking up my husband when I was getting ready for work in the morning. But now, it's my favorite room in the house. Traditionally, I should be spending more time in the kitchen, but I would prefer to shop than cook any day!

It's just like Carrie Bradshaw once said, 

"I like my money right where I can see it... hanging in my closet". 


Have you ever been cleaning out your closet and found something you haven't seen in months? Why, yes, I have! So, in building a closet it was vital to have all my clothes, accessories, and shoes out for display. Like my own museum, so don't touch anything!



I have my bathing suits and more hats hidden in those baskets! My only problem, is 
where do I put more bags?



And here they are ladies... as fashion brained ladies, we all have that one "element" that is our favorite to shop for and could spend your rent money on... mine are SHOES. You can never have too many red, leopard, or sparkly heals in your collection.

I will admit that I wear heels everyday, like even to the grocery store, I love them! Heals=magic. What other article of clothing instantly slims down your legs and lifts your butt? Even as a little girl, I just glowed each time I could hear a woman's heels click-clicking all of the floor. Talk about head-turning! So, if I am turning heads, I better have a great pair of pumps to show off!



One of my go-to's are statement necklaces. Isn't jewelry the hardest to organize, they get all tangled and thrown around after a long day {at least in my dressing room}. I used small hooks to hang all of my necklaces, a tip I stole from my sister's closet!



Heard of 'ARM CANDY'? Being Polished requires a fine eye, to look at all of the elements that make an outfit truly Polished. Adding some arm candy is the perfect way to Polish off a look. Found this beauty at Joann Fabrics. Now, I can display some of my everyday bracelets. 



Fact: I never leave the house without earrings on. 
Earrings are a staple in every outfit because they add that extra touch near your face! When your hair is up, they become a great statement piece. When your hair is down, a peek-a-boo of sparkle always catches someone's eye. Even shoveling our Buffa-love snow, I will throw on gold, pearl, or diamond studs, right?!  {Well, we all know I hire a plow service, haha, but you get the point!} Here is a great find from TJMaxx! Best part? It's two-sided.



How else can you Polish your outfit, duh! a belt. Are you seeing a trend here? Being Polished is all in the details. Adding a belt to an outfit can transform your look and **highlight that little waist hiding under your sweater*. 

You can probably see that I still have some tags hanging on belts, bracelets, etc. When I shop, I buy anything I think I can use, even if it is won't be for some time. I found that crystal belt @Francescascollections for $9.99 and I cannot wait to wear it!



And here is where the magic happens... my vanity. I could do my makeup a-l-l day long, although I have my daily routine down to about 15 minutes. 

Have you ever been asked why you spend so much time on your hair or makeup? Or, who are you getting all dressed up for? The answer is--everybody! 

First off, no one can argue that when you look good, you feel good. There is a great sense of positive bright energy around when you are at your very best. And, blogger friends, I think we can all agree that we do it for the girls! Girls love fashion. Period. Isn't this how we spread fashion trends and style ideas? More importantly, remember my husband!? Now, that is one person who appreciates my butt in a great pair of heals :)



 I saw this in a hair salon downtown and thought it was a great way to organize and display all the things I use daily to tame the mane. (Literally, you will see my crazy curls come to life).



Within the shelf on my vanity, are these serving trays (from Target). Each tray organizes my makeup and hair spray, hot spray, tease in a bottle, etc. 


So, there it is--my sanctuary. You may be asking yourself, why does this matter? Well, ever see a girl (in heals) rushing, late, and flustered, like truly, a hot mess!? Of course you have--and often, it could be me, I am late for e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. So, I needed to organize my closet to overcome this nasty habit. 

pol·ished  (plsht)
adj.
            Having no imperfections or errors; flawless.

...cannot be mastered without a well organized/designed closet. To have a Polished look each day, you must be able to see what you are working with and grab what you need, just in case you have to put it together in the car! Right now we are building the foundations for a Polished look. That's right bloggers, it starts with the closet. 

--Kelsey

Thank you for stopping by, we couldn't be more excited about start our blog! 
Follow me @kelseymkipp on instagram.

No comments: