Monday, February 24, 2014

Ar(gan)e You Using Argan Oil?

Find this spray here
Get your shine on.

Hi Polished ladies! It's no secret to those who know me that I LOVE my hair. Like, L-O-V-E, cupid shot his arrow, kind of love. Let me back up...

Once upon a time, an 18 year old high-school senior named Courtney cut her long, blonde (Laguna Beach highlights were in, okay), hair in an attempt to make a change before going away to college. In true Polished fashion, she collected her research and determined that an inverted bob (think Posh Spice circa 2007), would be the most fashionable choice. She loved her new hair cut for about 2 weeks. One day, she realized that her styling options were now SO limited. And with her naturally wavy and thick hair cut this way, gone were the days when she could rock the "beach wave" look. She got real sick of her straight iron after a while and decided it was time to do the hardest thing EVER...grow it out.

AH! Growing your hair out it THE WORST. The awkward stages, split ends, uneven growth, spur of the moment cuts because it is such as awkward length and the ever so dreaded "just a trim" that turns into 3 inches. Wah. 

My journey to "grow it out" took about 3 years. Why? Because I tried to do it without killing my hair. Hair health is important to growth and to styling and I decided to suck it up and make it a priority. Why bother with long hair if it is dry and brittle? I had regular "trims," used heat products and stopped highlighting it for about 2 years (I got a little bored and dyed it burgundy during the process, oops). 

While doing this I became a little obsessed with finding products that would contribute to the overall health of my hair. I spent so much time growing it, I wanted to protect it. I like using products, but not too many. I don't like the feeling of too much product in my hair, yuck. I love to use CHI Silk Therapy. I swear by putting it on damp hair before drying. Like any product, it stopped being as effective after repeated use (like, for years, haha). So, my best friend Tiff gave me this oil spray she got but didn't want (thanks, Tiffy!). We were both hesitant to use the spray because of it's "oil" namesake. To both of us, that screamed "greasy hair by the end of the day." I wash my hair every 3-5 days (also for health), so greasing it up unnecessarily and causing the need to wash more frequently was not on my agenda. But I did a little research on One and Only Argan Oil Spray Treatment and decided to give it a try.

I am SO GLAD that I did. I have been spraying this on damp hair (do not spray the roots) and have seen a huge improvement in the shine of my hair. So much so that I have been wearing it straight a lot more! And in all honesty it does not leave my hair feeling oily or greasy...which is a huge positive in my book.

I would suggest that everyone give it a try and don't let the "oil" term freak you out!

What shine/health products are you obsessing over?

XOXO-Courtney

P.S. As for my story above, Courtney and her newly grown hair are living happily ever after.

Instagram: Courtney_m_b & KelseyMKipp



No comments: