Monday, February 17, 2014

Dust It

I am totally OBSESSED with big hair. Now, I don't mean a bit of volume, I mean 80's Sarah Jessica Parker means (insert any Housewives Reality Star here). In all honesty, the higher your hair, the closer to God!

Well, in my attempt to add some serious volume to my hair, I started trying tons of new products. My sister (the best hair stylist in Florida--I always joke visiting her is my most expensive hair cut ever) introduced me to 'Dust It', it's like tease in a bottle. Now, I have tried several kinds without finding much of a difference, they are relatively the same {at least to me}. I have tried Volumis, Big and Sexy Hair, and Osis--they all work well. 

Here she is!

Just like teasing, section of the same areas on your head and sprinkle a bit in on your roots. The powder is light white flakes, which makes it easy to hold upside down and tap a few times with your finger rather than shake the bottle.  

I prefer to rub it in with my palm, but that photo looked awful (haha) so, here I am just using my finger tips in a small circular motion.

This is WITHOUT any teasing!
// Earrings Old Navy (only sold in stores) // Tshirt here for $8 // Lips MAC Up the Amp // Nails Essie I'm Strong //

I would be lying if I said it replaced  my teasing routine, but it is a fantastic way to add even more volume. Personally, I can't use any dust it product daily because the texture becomes, well, kind of like a dry oil. It's hard to describe, but once you try it you will instantly know. Since, I try to go several days without washing my hair, I only add the dust it on my last few days of wearing my hair down. 

PS--I must apologize for my sad faces :( I promise I am much happier than I appear. However, you may have read in earlier posts, I recently got braces and I just CANNOT stand to show off my, now, metal mouth to the camera... in time friends!

Thanks for stopping by,
Kelsey 

PS For more daily hair tips, tricks, and style, follow us on 
Instagram @KelseyMKipp and @Courtney_M_B

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to try this stuff! Looks awesome!

xo, Summer
www.belleandgrace.blogspot.com

Polished said...

Hey Summer, I am glad to help :) Remember, the higher the hair, the closer to God!

Much Love!