Thursday, February 13, 2014

CLARISONIC Miracles!!!

OMG like OHHH M GEEE--If you have been living under a rock or haven't heard about Clarisonic, let me blow your mind {deep breaths, ladies-it is a life changer}. 

Before I get ahead of myself, I need to explain why this is SO important. Courtney and I built the Polished brand on the idea that we believe people need to appear Polished from head to toe. Let's be real--we have all seen a GORGEOUS looking women walking down the street in sweat pants and carrying a Coach bag. Just to be clear-not Polished. Remember, it's all about the details, skincare cannot be ignored. 

Why, you ask? Healthy skin is something spotted from across the room! When your skin looks tight, clean, fresh, and it glows! If a healthy complexion doesn't sway you, think about your makeup. Does it ever get flaky or refuse to last the day? HELLO--it's not your makeup, it's what is underneath it! So, in order to appear Polished (with fresh stunning makeup) you need to pay a bit of attention to your skin. 

With this in mind, I needed to do some research--Now, strictly business I treated myself to my first facial (research!). I learned A LOT! In case you care, my skin is combination... meaning I have average skin but spots of dry areas. Immediately I knew those spots because I can see the difference when I put on my foundation. These "trouble spots" result from lack of moisturizing. Honestly, this was frustrating to hear. I am great pretty good about taking off my makeup at night, quick wash, and ALWAYS lather on the Aveeno. Well, no more ladies! 

Finally, let the Clarisonic tribute continue. Research and logic aside, after my first use, I saw instant improvements with my skin. My dry spots are minimized and my skin appears so clean and fresh. It's a look I struggle to describe because clean doesn't truly express the difference. It's a must try! Although it is pricey, it's a must!! Trust me :)

My {New} Skincare Routine:
  1. Using a makeup wipe, I remove my makeup on my eyes and face. 
  2. Add a dab of face wash onto the brush. SIDE NOTE: You can use any face wash you wish, but be sure it does not have any exfoliation beads within it. 
  3. Run it under water.
  4. Now, it's time to wash. Best part-Clarisonic Mia 2 has it timed perfectly for you!! When you start the machine, it you feel the pause and hear the buzz it signals you to move to the next area on your face. PS I use the brush that came with the kit. 
  5. Start on your forehead for 20 seconds. Wait for the pause, then move to your nose and chin for 20 seconds. Finally, 10 seconds on each cheek. AND DONE!
  6. STOP after that. This is designed to give the perfect amount of clean. Just enough to get rid of the dirt, grime, and pollution, but not too much that could potentially harm your skin. 
  7. Now, it's time to moisturize! I start with a serum {Time in a Bottle by Philosophy} and then a moisturizer {MAC}. 
**I am loving my serum and moisturizer, but I would love to hear what else you readers are using. Any suggestions?! You know me, always looking for the next best thing. 

OK-time to go out and buy your Clarisonic, you will not be sorry! Please share your thoughts and experiences!!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Kelsey 

Follow us on Instagram @KelseyMKipp and @Courtney_m_B

4 comments:

Alissa said...

I LOVE my clarisonic!!! It is seriously a miracle worker!

D said...

Have you tried Josie Maran's argan oil? I was freaked by the idea of oil on my face but you will not believe how soft your face feels. Try it!

Unknown said...

I've been dying to try the Clarisonic! I use the much less expensive Olay system, and it's great, but I keep hearing it doesn't compare to the Clarisonic. Thanks for the info!

xo, Summer
www.belleandgrace.blogspot.com

Polished said...

Isn't amazing how many people are OBSESSING over this miracle! It's been over a week now, and I couldn't be happier with the results!
Thanks for stopping by Alissa, D, and Belle and Grace :)