Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Sports Style With a CAPITAL S!






I, like many of you, I'm sure, am a HUGE sports fan. I enjoy attending sporting events just as much as the next person. Football (NY Football Giants alllll the way), baseball (Proud to be a YANKEE fan), and college basketball (CUSE) are my favorite. However, I will pretty much attend any sporting event and will 100% have a fabulous time (which usually always includes me cheering louder than everyone else, even if I am not a die hard fan...good times). Not to mention, I seriously enjoy putting a game day outfit together (come on, you knew I had to bring it back to fashion somehow). I have said it before, and I will always live by this mantra, everything is a fashion event, including sporting events!

I know that people think it is...well...prissy...to care so much about what to wear to a sporting event. But, you all know, I don't really pay mind to people like that. I wear what I want, and I love every second of putting an outfit together. I mean, clothes, accessories, and SPORTS? Sign me up! Not to mention...what is so wrong about wanting to look Polished (and cute) in the presence of so many sport-loving men? I say, nothing.

My sister visited me last weekend and we caught the Washington Capitals game (helloooo sudden death overtime win...GO CAPS GO!). This was the perfect opportunity for me to share my tips and tricks for a Polished game day outfit!

1.) Colors-Even if you don't have a team shirt/jersey, go for the colors. It is really easy to pair team colors together, and 9/10 you have these pieces in your closet already!

2.) Fit-Just because you love a certain athlete, doesn't mean you have to wear a jersey their size to the game! Don't hide what you've got, ladies!

3.) Function-Don't forget to check the weather! There is nothing worse than being at a tailgate and having to stay by the grill because you forgot gloves in the midst of putting together a cute outfit. 

4.) Accessories-Use this opportunity to wear your favorite accessories to Polish the look! 

5.) Smile. Sports are meant for entertainment, so, JUST HAVE FUN!

Purse-The Limited (Similar at Target) // Watch-Charming Charlie (Love this one!) // Bracelet-Charming Charlie (Love these from Brina Box!)  // Sweater-J Crew // Monogram Necklace-Etsy // Boots-Guess // Sunglasses-Ray Ban


Say hi to my gorgeous baby sister, Alexis!



The weather was so beautiful! Perfect cardigan weather!




I LOVE having my beautiful sister around!


Thank you for stopping by! You all are the best! 

XOXO-Courtney

For more tips and tricks check us out on Instagram at @Courtney_m_b & @KelseyMKipp

 



No comments: