Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Layering Neutrals







Floral Chambray Old Navy // White Denim Loft // Faux Vest SheInside (I could wear this daily) // Necklace Brina Box // Purse Forever21 and dying for this one // Booties Nine West // Lips MAC Rebel // Sunnies Loft (for $5) similar here //

Don't let this picture fool you--yes, there is sun, but, with the wind chill, Buffalo has YET to rise above freezing temps. Sorry for the WINDY photos lately, but it is the best we can do! (Unless you want more pictures inside a library... ) Well then, moving on!

White denim is a staple for me! Although it's not quite summer ready, I couldn't help but slip them on when pairing it with a great floral chambray. White is effortlessly chic, clean, and always Polished (unless it becomes dingy white, you know the white t-shirts with yellow arm pits---ugh, must we go there!?) As a neutral it goes with EVERYTHING--even other neutrals. Chambray, camel, and black looks bold and rich with saturated 'color' when laying up against this crisp white jeans... is it summer yet?!

Pairing an outfit does not always revolve around color. Here I used great textures and details to make this outfit pop. How could I avoid this great vest? The color, the fit, the length--it's possible to wear it with everything! When a new piece is easily incorporated into my wardrobe, like this vest, I know it was a good addition to my closet. In fear of looking like I stepped right off the ranch, I wanted to break up the denim-on-denim look. A bit of faux fur was just the trick! 

Thanks for reading!
--Kelsey (& Winston)

Follow on Instagram @KelseyMKipp and @Courtney_m_B



Photo Bomb: Winston Kipp (our baby)

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Love this outfit! I also love your beauty tips! thanks for sharing and looking forward to continuing to follow your blog! glad I came across it on instagram!
-www.gingersideoflife.com