Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Midi Skirt






Sweater Old Navy // Midi Skirt (obsessed! And only $20?!) here // Shoes CathyJean // Necklace Target // Earrings here // Lips MAC Russian Red // Nails Essie I'm Strong //

I found this lovely red midi after receiving a request from a fantastic blog follower with a dilemma. In the summer, she loves her maxi skirt but struggles to make it winter ready. Here is my solution--allow me to introduce you to the midi skirt. 

Now, don't get me wrong fashion friends, you can definitely find me rockin a maxi skirt in the summer, but using this piece in the (Buffalo) winter posed a lot of problems for me. Naturally, my first thought it what shoes would I wear. Maxi skirts look great with sandals {wedge to gladiator} but not so much with a boot or stiletto. Length of course plays a factor, but I think it is the fabric that presents the biggest hurdle. Most maxi skirts are made from cotton or linen, such a summer fabric. Of course, depending on the skirt, maxi skirts are often full of bright colors and loud floral patterns--again perfect for summer.

Since I didn't want to abandon the skirt trend, how could you right? I found the perfect solution--hello MIDI! The fabric, the color, the length... just perfect for winter. Easy to dress up with a stiletto and some fabulous jewels, but also easy to wear with ballet flats and a t-shirt (yes like a 'hi, I borrowed this from my husband's closet' t-shirt).

...must I add, how can you pass up such a great deal for only $20!? The hardest part is choosing the right color! Oh, so Polished.

Hope this helps! Much love,
--Kelsey

PS Follow us on Instagram @KelseyMKipp and @Courtney_m_B 

No comments: