Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Neck Candy



Ultimate hair flip. 

Outfit details: Necklace-Kute N' Klever  c/o // Shoes-Target Clearance (Similar online...love these...I think I need them in black) // Bag-Coach (Love this with a red detail or this one)// Pants-H&M // Sunglasses-Ray Ban // Chambray-Target // Lip Color-Mac Rebel // Watch-Fossil


Something that Kelsey and I have truly built Polished around, is the idea that not every outfit has to be rich looking, or dressed up, or fancy, or expensive, or PERFECT. We choose things we love, and we Polish them with things we love even more. In reality, an outfit is an outward expression of a personality, of a mood, of a feeling. So if you want to pair a sparkling necklace with a chambray shirt and jeans, then you go girllll! What I really love about clothing and accessories is that there really are no rules. I love the part in Grease when they say "rules are, there ain't no rules."Clearly, the writers of Grease were also talking about style and fashion! :)

Anyhow (I couldn't resist the Grease tangent), the "not a rule" that I am loving breaking lately is mixing a casual outfit with total, in your face, blinged out, look at me, hi I'm here, statement jewelry. I wasn't going to get dressed up to visit the National Harbor with my sister, but in typical Courtney fashion (pun totally intended), I had to add a little somethin' somethin'. 

THIS NECKLACE. Talk about an in your face, blinged out, look at me, hi I'm here, piece of jewelry! Kute N' Klever has really outdone themselves here. This piece has so many positive qualities. It's large, great quality, multi-colored, sparkly, and can be worn so many different ways. In this case, my very casual outfit got the perfect finishing touch.

Or, as I put it, my outfit is wearing a tiara



Since moving to Maryland, the National Harbor waterfront has become my favorite place to be!

I was so thankful to share this day with my sister. So much love here.

XOXO-Courtney

For more style and trend posts, check us out on Instagram at @Courtney_m_b & @KelseyMKipp

<3

Like sister, like sister.
How about her studded sweater with a jean vest...so cute!










No comments: