Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Do the Polka


 

















Outfit Details: Blouse-Express (Similar here) // Skirt-Express (Love this one from the Limited) // Tights-JC Penney // Shoes-Loft (Similar here) // Link bracelet-Target // Gold bangle-Macy's (Similar here) // Pearl bracelet-Burlington (Similar here) // Gold link necklace- Charming Charlie // Bag-Francesca's (Love this one)







I know that mixing prints and layering is all over the place right now. I mean, just walk into J Crew, and check out the mannequins. I guarantee you, each once is wearing at least three prints (all perfectly styled, by the way). 

Sometimes I think that mixing prints like this is intimidating to some people, including myself. I mean, if I have on plaid with a leather belt and shoe, I do about 50 mirror checks just to make sure I can pull it off. The thing about wearing trends is that there is such a thing as too much. Often times, I think that people don't try a trend because they aren't sure how much is too much. I get it. Taking risks with clothing is kind of scary. Let's face it, what you wear is sometimes all people know about you or notice about you. 

So, if you're feeling timid about mixing bold prints, try mixing same prints. I am really loving mixing same prints right now! In this case, mixing the different size and color polka dots creates cohesion in an outfit, while still adding style and trend. Mixing trends and classic pieces instantly Polishes a look. In this case, a pencil skirt, blouse, and heels are all classic pieces that have a trendy edge because of the infusion of polka dots. And come on people, who doesn't love polka dots?

What prints are you mixing?





Enjoy!

--Courtney

Instagram: Courtney_m_b & Kelseymkipp


No comments: