Monday, January 27, 2014

Get Your Hair Did

This week I tried a new product, Daily 10 leave in conditioner. It promises to produce silky hair--and it DELIVERS! Since I was sporting a sleek look, I quickly noticed how damaged the ends of my hair were. I mean damaged-like could split each hair strand in two! Ugh--let's just say I avoided human contact and mirrors for the rest of day and drove straight to the hair dresser's. 

Needless to say, three inches {and a new color} later.... here is my new look! I am still shocked at the difference 3 inches makes, my hair feels so short. However, I love this healthy locks look. Now this blunt cut gives my hair a thick healthy look, check out the ends of my hair--thick, right!? Fingers crossed that healthy hair will allow for a quick growth :) 



In the meantime, I tried a new hair technique with faux rollers. Be sure to use a hot spray--I typically use Kenra Hot Spray (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE) but my hair dresser gave me a tester for KMS, which I like too. Grab some duck bill clips and a straightening iron.



We are going to start with a mohawk--starting top middle area and working all the way to the nape of the neck. Then, we will focus on the sides.


After you have sprayed the hot spray, run the straightener through a section of your hair.



I use my finger to curl the hair around in a large barrel (hence the faux roller). Use a duck bill clip to hold it in place. You can buy duck bill clips at Target!



Now that the mohawk is complete, pin up the sides. The big barrel helps promote volume--just the way I love my hair, HUGE.


Typically, when my hair is all pinned up, I will do my makeup or rush around finishing something up--just give your hair enough time to cool. Then, unclip it all and shake it out. Add some tease and hairspray and voila! 




I am new to hair color. Less than a year ago, I was a hair color virgin! AHHH! I used to believe that hair coloring was created to truly change your hair color; Since I am a natural brunette, I didn't see the need to color my hair brown. Now, proven wrong, I love the shine and life a fresh color gives my hair, face, and {hate to admit} my ego! haha-so true, right!? 

A fresh cut and color is just so Polished!

Thanks for stopping by! Much Love,

--Kelsey 

Follow us on Instagram @KelseyMKipp and @Courtney_m_B

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously this cut is STUNNING on you !

Polished said...

Thank you Thank you! I hated watching 3 inches fall to the floor, but I am loving how healthy my hair looks and feels. Thanks for the support!

Much Love,
Kelsey