Friday, January 24, 2014

When Pants Become an Accessory



Don't get me wrong, I am a total jeans girl. I would wear jeans everyday if it were allowed. However it is reallyyyyyyy easy to get stuck in an outfit rut with that mentality. So, I like to find jean-like pants with a little edge. This could mean a great pencil trouser, a colored jean, a patterned jean, and my personal favorite, a textured pant! I mean, come one, these pants speak for themselves. They say, "Hey, look at me, I am confident, cool, edgy, comfortable, chic, and classic." Well, the pants don't say that, but my inner voice does when I am wearing them. Good enough for me! 

So, I challenge you...step out of your normal jeans/pants box. You'll be surprised how Polished and trendy you will feel! Start small, try a colored jean first. Once you feel the magic in those, try a patterned jean. I have seen some beautiful understated patterned denim in stores like Target and American Eagle. When you are trying out a new trend or challenging yourself to step out of your comfort zone, I suggest checking out these stores first for affodable, guilt free options...in case you don't like your new look, but I don't think that will happen :). Once the patterned jeans are your new thing, take it a step further and try a textured pant. These things are accessories in their own right. I love a piece of clothing with personality, especially a fearless and confident one!






Outfit Details: Pants-American Eagle (Similar here and here in wine) // Blouse-Loft (Similar here) //  Shoes-Zara // Clutch-H&M (LOVE this bag) // Bracelet-Charming Charlie // Watch-Michael Kors // Sunglasses-Ray Ban  // Necklace-NY& Co (Similar here)

As always-thank you for stopping by! 

Let me know your favorite type of statement clothing!

XO-Courtney

Instagram: Courtney_m_b & KelseyMKipp






No comments: