Friday, January 10, 2014

Plus Leather















Cooper wanted to make his blog debut!






Outfit Details: Coat-Michael Kors // Necklace-Express // Shoes- Guess (Similar here) // Link bracelet-Target // Gold bangle-Macy's (Similar here) // Pearl bracelet-Burlington (Similar here)


I happen to love the winter. I suppose I have fond memories of snowy winters from my childhood. But, I would feel prettyyyy confident saying that I love winter mostly because I love outerwear. Now, I would wear a great leather moto jacket all year round if I could (and sometimes I try). But, I also love to Polish my winter looks with an actual, made for cold weather, supposed to wear in the snow, actually keeps you warm, functional but stylish, coat. 

When I saw this jacket on Black Friday, I knew that I HAD to have it. And with the deal I got, I basically stole it from the mall (cha-ching!). I loved this coat because it met all of my requirements.

First:
Color. I love a colored coat (I own a red coat that has been a staple for a few years). However, I do believe that a black winter coat is a closet essential.

Second:
Detail. I won't buy or wear a coat, unless it has an unusual detail. Everyone is wearing a coat and I want mine to be noticed! Think about it, you put all of this effort into creating an outfit, just to cover it with a coat. You might as well pick a coat that is an outfit in itself. The leather sleeves and gold details in this coat had me at hello! 

Third:
Fit. I am a tall girl (5'8") and how a coat fits me is important. I have to pay attention to the length, but also the sleeves. This jacket fit perfectly, with enough room for clothing underneath.

Fourth:
Style. I like to choose a coat that can be worn with most of my wardrobe. As I said before, a coat covers up an outfit, but can also stand on it's own as an outfit. In this case I am wearing the coat over a dress with a pair of booties. But I can also picture it over a pair of jeans and riding boots, or dress pants and leopard flats. Functionality, style, and use is important when making a more expensive purchase such as a winter coat.




Enjoy!

-Courtney

Instagram: Courtney_m_b & Kelseymkipp

No comments: