Saturday, January 18, 2014

Quick Change



So here's the thing, I don't know about you all, but I tend to think/insist that everything I do requires an outfit. And by everything, I mean EVERYthing. So if I go for a workout, then grocery shopping, then to dinner, that's three outfits. I make no apologies for my need to do this, not a single one. However, a gal can run out of options really quick doing this. And although I LOVE to shop, I couldn't possibly sustain 3 outfits a day. This is where accessories and beauty options come into play! Yay-my favorite! :)

Accessories, makeup and hair Polish an outfit. These pieces give a look it's "feel," if you will. A soft eye and dainty jewelry says something much different than brushed out curls and a red lip. A heeled boot was made for a different kind of walking than a riding boot. Changing these pieces of an outfit can make such a difference and the best part is...they are easily carried from place to place!

Let's take happy hour or an after work event, for example. I am sorry, but I am not even trying to wear exactly what I wore for 7 hours. I like to separate work and play, outfits included. But seriously, who has enough time to pack up an entirely new outfit? Or haul it from point A to point B? Not to mention, who wants to change in a bathroom stall if it's not necessary? 

Shoes, a brush, a belt, and red lipstick are all I had to carry to change this look in 5 minutes without having to actually change. A make up touch up is necessary, especially your lipstick! We all know how a red lip can make us feel-HELLO happy hour-here I come! Brushing out my hair was a preference, I like to wear it both ways, but when you want to change a look, changing your hair makes a huge difference! This is why I always, ALWAYS have a tease comb on hand (check out my tease tutorial). Adding a belt cinches in the waist and changes the silhouette of this dress, making it look and feel like a totally different dress! Changing my boots from a flat to a heel adds just another Polishing touch to the outfit, not to mention I love a high heeled boot alllll the time! My laptop bag can double as a purse that matches the outfit and voila! I am ready in under 5 minutes to take on my next event!









 Outfit Details: Dress-Target // Boots-Nine West (Similar here) // Link bracelet-Target // Belt-Marshalls (Similar here) // Earrings-Charming Charlie (LOVE these from Shamelessly Sparkly) // Lipstick-Covergirl Tempt 355 // Computer bag-Target // Sunglasses-RayBan // Ring-Forever 21 (Similar here)







Happy, happy hour my lovelies! 

--Courtney

Check out our Instagram pages for more styling tips and tricks! Courtney_m_b & Kelseymkipp



No comments: