Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Go-To Color

You may notice all of my posts come from inspiration (people-mostly) and, naturally... a story. To spare you from a long boring one, I will share my inspiration for this post was my favorite go-to color, that stands strong in all seasons, fabrics, colors, and accessories--yes, ladies, HOT PINK.
 








Polka Dot Blouse here for $10 // Sweater H&M for $5 // Purse here (a steal at $15) // Denim here // Earring Target on sale for $10 // Boots from Maurices-old similar here //

PINK-my go to color. Why? For obvious reasons, it's eye catching and fun, since it has this girly flare, but it can sexy and timeless too. So, let's talk about colors....

We must admit that each season holds a palette of colors, trendy colors. How can you tell? Try shopping--look at the mannequins in the store windows, you will see they all have something in common, and it's typically their color. Paying attention to these details helps your wardrobe stay trendy.

Now, there are only SO many colors in the rainbow. Changing the shade or tone of each color is key. Green, for example, is always in fashion. Right now, in January, Emerald Green is stunning. But, as the snow melts and flowers blossom, you will see a shift from Emerald to Mint. Like all rules, there are exceptions. Classic black and white, neon colors, and neutrals always have the go ahead! It's hard to think of a color I would absolutely steer clear of {if it was the right look, you can style anything}
 
I am more cautious about fabrics than colors, if I score a coral wool sweater that I love, it's clearly made for a winter/fall look. When styled, I will be sure to add some heavy colors and throw on a pair of boots--voila! I'm Polished for winter :)
 
Thanks for stopping by and reading!! Let me know what you think!
 
--Kelsey
 
Follow us on Instagram for daily fashion @KelseyMKipp and @ Courtney_m_b


No comments: