Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Fashion Train









Top Portofino // Pants here PS they are on sale in stores now // Jacket Old Navy-- there are tons in stores for $30// Hat H&M clearance--similar here // Shoes (love them in red too) Daily Look // Necklace Brina Box //
I must admit this is my favorite photo shoot yet, my husband is an amazing photographer, right!? We found this abandon train car and knew we had to stop.
Although I live in Buffalo, I miss being able to wear my beloved shoes through the winter. So, when a little snow melts, I bust out the heels. Which requires a bit more layering else where. Can you believe this hat was $5? I stalk the H&M clearance section on their website, it goes fast, so if you like it, grab it!

Have you heard about the Portofino shirt from Express? I grow more in love with each one I buy--one of my best layering tools. Here, I have a solid bright color, a color that lasts year round, but they also come in a variety of patterns. You really can't have too many!

Thanks for reading! Feel free to tell me what you think! For more fashion fun follow us on instagram @KelseyMKipp and @Courtney_m_B
--Kelsey

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any suggestions on avoiding hat hair?!?! I love hats but always avoid them because how often do you leave a hat on inside? I guess that's a question too.... How, where and when to wear hats!

Polished said...

Honestly, I never really considered myself a hat person. It was something I would try and feel uncomfortable because I always "knew" it was there. But, lately I have been finding the most perfect hats.

Hat hair (ugh) great question! If you are wearing the hat to/from the event, like a weather hat (in my post), I like a light hat that doesn't reshape everything. Then, when the hat comes off, I like to flip my hair over and shake it out. You can always bring a comb and a little hair spray to bring it back to life.

For hats that are staying on, like part of the outfit, style your hair around it! For example, if you are sporting some curls, right before you are done with the final touches, put on your hat and test it out. I like to do this to be sure my hair is still how I like it once my hat is on for the night!

If you are interested, I could do a post all on hats!? What do you think?

Shinta Laura Dewani said...

Haii there, im know you from instagram, n damn, I love your shoes....
And your hair and eye color! Awawawa

Shinta Laura Dewani said...

Visit my blog as well sist... :)

shintalauraswa.blogspot.com

Polished said...

REALLY?! That is so exciting to hear! You are so sweet and your blog is amazing (just stopped by)!

Much Love,
Kelsey