Monday, January 20, 2014

Take Your Hair From Blah to TA-DA!



Ever feel like you hair is just screaming, "blah, blah, blahhhhhh?' Well, I do. Sometimes I get stuck in a hair rut and we all know how difficult it is to get out of it! I mean some people have been wearing their hair the same way for decades! My hair ruts only last about two weeks, so I guess I'm just being dramatic, oops! So, here's a quick way to take a look from "blah" to "TA-DA"!

Section hair off above your ears. Take inch-wide pieces of hair and wrap them around the iron or wand away from your face. I use a 1 1/4 inch curling iron by John Frieda.

 I sometimes twist the section of hair and then wrap it around the barrel. This creates a much more relaxed wave.

Wrap your bangs and hair close to your face all the way to the root, it adds volume to the front of the face. 

Flip your head upside down and shake it out. Spray lightly for hold, not helmet!
TA-DA!
I love the look of loose, wide waves. It is a refreshing and simple change from my normal blow out or curled hair. Not to mention, it is easily maintained, and still Polished!









 I like a challenge, people. Take your hair from "blah" to "TA-DA," I've got that covered. But take your hair from "TA-DA" to..."TA-DAAAAA," requires some thinking. Whenever I leave the house, I always come prepared with hair ties, bobby pins, and of course...a tease comb (check out my tease post, here). That way, whenever I feel like it, I can always do something a little extra to my hair. So for this post, I used my girl, Courtney Kerr (I haven't told her that we are BFF's, yet...shhhh) as an inspiration. She is from Texas and I am from New York. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the higher the hair...the closer to heaven is just not a motto that I live by. But, she does! Her teasing is sky-high and props to her for rocking that look. But, it's not me, so here is my take on Courtney Kerr's teased, center parted, half up-do (...I haven't perfected that name yet). 


Pin front pieces of hair under the crown of your head. 
I criss-cross the bobby pins for more support and security without having to wear too many. 

Use the back end of a tease comb to pull up and add height. The tease from before will support this upward pull and keep your hair where you want it. 

Use spray to smooth the front of the hair. Sometimes I spray my fingers and use them to smooth my hair to avoid a wet or crunchy look. I like this part to be smooth because it offsets the height of the back for a more dramatic look. 


TA-DAAAAAA...times two.







 As always, THANK YOU for stopping by! Please share your comments or ask any questions below!

XO--Courtney

For more hair tips and tutorials, check out our Instagram pages Courtney_m_b & Kelseymkipp




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute! How do you like that curling iron? I'm on the hunt for a new one...

xo, Summer
www.belleandgrace.blogspot.com

Polished said...

HI! Thank you for stopping by! I must check out your blog!!

I love this curling iron, for the price, you honestly can't beat it. My hair is pretty corse and curls really easily! However, my sister has fine hair and I have to hold the barrel much longer when I am using this on her hair.

If your hair curls well, I HIGHLY suggest it! Plus-it's the perfect size!

XO-Courtney